Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, The Hamptons at East Cobb Apartments in Marietta, Georgia makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one for a Nashville Hot Honey Chicken Biscuit. It’s one of those recipes that call for extra napkins, or maybe, even a bib to thoroughly enjoy. Better yet, it is insanely sticky, sweet, and spicy. Although this recipe starts healthy with a skinless chicken breast, it’s anything but indulgent. Bathed in buttermilk, fried in oil, and sandwiched between a buttery biscuit, this is one recipe that you’ll revisit time and again – and we promise that it will be an absolute hit in your household, too!
• 3 chicken breasts
• 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 cup milk
• 1 egg beaten
• 2 teaspoons hot sauce
• 2 cups flour
• 3/4 cup cornstarch
• 2 teaspoon Christie Vanover's Chicken Rub, or similar
• Oil, for frying
• 1/2 cup honey
• 1/4 cup Nashville Hot Chicken rub
• 6 flaky homemade or canned biscuits
• Bread and butter pickles
1. Pound the chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment paper, so they have an even thickness. Cut each in half.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, egg, and hot sauce. Add the chicken and soak. Refrigerate while you make the biscuits. If you use canned, still refrigerate to let the chicken soak.
3. In another bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, and chicken rub.
4. Remove the chicken from the milk bath. Shake off any excess liquid. Dredge in the flour. Shake off excess. Return to the milk bath. Then, dredge one more time in the flour mixture.
5. Place on a wire rack over a sheet pan and repeat with the rest of the chicken.
6. Add about 1 1/2 inches of oil to a large skillet. Heat to 350 degrees F.
7. Add 2-3 pieces of chicken and fry for about 10 minutes, flipping once, until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. F
8. Repeat with the rest of the chicken. Start baking the biscuits while frying the last batch.
9. Place the chicken on a clean wire rack over a sheet pan.
10. Ladle out 1 cup of the hot oil into a bowl. Stir in the honey and Nashville Hot Rub. Then, dunk the chicken into the hot honey. Return to the wire rack.
11. Serve on hot biscuits with bread and butter pickles. Pour on more honey, if you like it extra sticky.