On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at The Hamptons at East Cobb Apartments in Marietta, Georgia encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
Feeling ultra-snacky today? Maybe, it’s time for the ultimate treat – and yes, you probably know which we are referring to right off the bat. Often located in shopping mall food courts, at carnivals and fairs, or at the movie theater’s concessions booth, soft pretzels are not only absolutely delectable, but they are also a snack loved by many. Salty and chewy, soft pretzels appeal to every age group. You can add their flavor profile by dipping them in butter, mustard, cheese, or another type of sauce. Plus, they’re incredibly simple to make at home, as long as you have active dry yeast and flour on hand. Okay, so enough talk! Now, it’s time to give this Homemade Soft Pretzels recipe a spin!
- 1 ½ cups water, warm
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 4 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- ⅔ cup baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Coarse salt
- In a bowl, mix water, salt, and sugar until combined. Add yeast and let rest 5 minutes until yeast starts to foam.
- Add flour and 2 tablespoons of oil and mix thoroughly until a dough forms.
- Remove the dough and use the remaining oil to cover the bowl.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut dough into eight pieces and roll them out into thin ropes, twisting the two ends to form a pretzel shape.
- Add baking soda to a large pot of water and bring to a rolling boil. Boil each pretzel for 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer pretzels to a baking sheet, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool and enjoy!